Do you want to write for us? Yes you can and we'd be glad to have you! We accept bylined articles and opinion pieces for our website and our monthly newsletter.
We also want to begin publishing summaries of research findings based on polls, surveys, and research studies conducted by regular people, academia, PR firms, and other researchers.
Here’s what we are looking for…
Bylined articles (800-1,000 words or so of body text) written from an objective viewpoint and conveying valuable how-to content (practical advice, actionable tips, and useful know-how) in a fresh, approachable voice are more likely to meet our standards—and therefore more likely to be accepted for publication.
There are three types of articles that work well,
So, if you are interested in joining the team of our contributors on a one-time or a regular basis—here are some guidelines:
1. Articles should be original to the author and unpublished elsewhere.
2. Articles should offer readers clear advice, takeaways, and practical how-to tips about a specific herpes-related topic or self-help topic. Bullet points are good. Meandering text is not.
3. At the beginning of your article, list two or three bullet points summarizing its key takeaways—the lessons learned and the how-tos contained in the article. They will be published along with the article.
4. (Optional) Include a brief bio of at most 25 words and a recent headshot (make sure your entire head is in the picture).
5. Include relevant links in parentheses, next to the words to be linked (i.e., do not embed the links).
6. Submit articles in Word format (no PDF files, please), as email attachments.
7. If you submit an article that mentions businesses or companies in which you have a vested interest, disclose as much to the audience.
8. The author retains copyright, but we may reprint your piece, with full attribution, in our products, newsletters and marketing materials.
9. We do not pay guest contributors for their occasional articles. Although we will compensate exceptional authors who are regular contributors (at least monthly).
10. We are happy to publish press releases.
We will inform you if your article has been accepted for publication;
expect to hear from us within a week or so of our having received your email submission.
Articles accepted for publication will be edited for clarity and brevity and to conform to our house style. We will likely change your title, too, so you might want to suggest some alternatives.
If you have the expertise and are willing to create an outstanding article for our audience, fill out the form below.
Email articles to firstname.lastname@example.org
Include Article Contribution in the email "Subject" line
FREE Home Study Course Living With Genital Herpes
Enter your email address below to join our monthly
and receive your copy of
Living With Genital Herpes!
A $19 Value!
Yours FREE just for signing up TODAY!